View Single Post
resident samsquamch

Quote:
Originally Posted by MURF View Post
anyone used the going super fast crank fire ignition setup..seems cheap..chrysler coil pack..looking to hear from some one who is happy or otherwise and why....thanx..murf
FWIW, I use the Electromotive XDi crank fired ignition...twin plug. I've been happy with it. The system was a total "turn key" solution and Richard Clewett's customer service was/is great. Knock on wood, it hasn't given me any trouble in the 10,000 daily driven miles that it's been installed on my engine. Has a nice MAP sensor feature that retards the timing as boost/RPMs increase.

There are times when I'd like to open the engine lid and see an enormous twelve point dizzy cap staring at me (I like the old skool looks), but I don't like how cluttered things can get with the nearness of the dizzy to the turbo boost up-pipe...

There have also been some discussions about these turbo engines favoring a CDI type of ignition system over an inductive type...

JB Racing and Supertec Performance both offer a nice twelve point dizzy product that can be configured in a number of ways - I might eventually be going this route, but for now I'm pleased with how things have worked out.
"Ladies and Gentlemen, from Boston Massachusetts, we are Morphine, at your service..." - Mark Sandman (RIP)
Old 12-06-2007, 05:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)