View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by 125shifter View Post
The rear 11.5" (12.5" overall) wheels are 7" from the inside wheel half outer lip to the wheel center back face. I believe that works out to a 20mm back space. That spacing is without the 28mm spacer.

The front 9" (10" overall) wheels are 5-1/8" from the inside wheel half outer lip to the wheel center back face. I believe that works out to a 3mm back space. That spacing is without the 21mm spacer so for '80 and later the backspacing should be 24mm.

Thank you.

My car is a 1984, and is actually a factory "Turbo-Look" (M491 option code), not a 930. But, I have been told it has the same fenders, brakes and suspension as the 1986-1989 930s. It certainly has the fenders and brakes.

Unfortunately, when I bought the car it had Cup replicas and so the spacer issue was pretty unclear. It has a rear spacer of 28mm with longer studs, rather than one of the spacers that bolts to the lugs and has its own lugs. In front there is no spacer, although the hub is bolted together as if it were. I have seen pictures of late 930 front hubs and it looks identical in configuration.

The point of all this is that I am looking for 9-9 1/2" front wheels and 11-11 1/2" rears. Obviously, the backspacing/offset is critical to avoid interference with the caliper and fender.

Am I correct in understanding you run the rears with the 28mm spacer on the car and the 21mm on the front and that a late 930 would use the same rear spacer , but no front spacer for those wheels?

Sorry to belabor the point, but I'd hate to buy a set of wheels and find they don't fit.

Bob F.
Old 12-06-2007, 06:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)