View Single Post
Forced Induction Junkie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayglass View Post
First Marty suggests Dave is in "Denial" and then he suggests Dave is "Projecting". I thought this was an engineering discussion. Dave and I have cars that had issues, then someone takes issue with our issues. I had better dust off my M.A. in Psychology... it looks like it's suddenly applicable to our discussion.

I tend to agree with Nathan. I believe that the coke formed in the turbo over the years of using dino oil with the P.O. and that the change to synthetic broke them loose. Many of the chunks are shiny on an inside radius.
Thank you!

I spoke with a 930 engine builder/racer (read posts), he has advised and revised the oil return lines from the turbo sump to incorporate an oil filter. According to him (not projecting), it has improved the reliability of the oil system dramatically.
Werk I Zuffenhausen 3.3l/330BHP Engine with Sonderwunsch Cams, FabSpeed Headers, Kokeln IC, Twin Plugged Electromotive Crankfire, Tial Wastegate(0.8 Bar), K27 Hybrid Turbo, Ruf Twin-tip Muffler, Fikse FM-5's 8&10x17, 8:41 R&P
Old 12-09-2007, 11:22 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #92 (permalink)