View Single Post

Please carefully heed this one nugget of advise:

Drive the car, spend a lot of time here. Then, come up with a clear plan about what you want to 'mod' before you do a single thing.

The biggest waste of time and money around here is when people like me do one thing, and then go back and do another thing, and then go back and do another thing; when we could have done everything at the SAME TIME and saved a lot of time and money.

In other words, have a plan before you just start doing stuff. That way you will not need to go back in two months and do something else that you overlooked.

The cheapest, and absolutely best mod you can do is lose weight. Remove the rear seat tops with a screwdriver. Remove trunk carpeting, interior heavy floor mats. I removed the lower door pockets with a screwdriver, they just get in the way. The front spare tire weighs 35 pounds. Remove it except for long road trips. If your A/C barely works, you can remove it which will save a huge amount of weight, unless you need that comfort. Put in a lightweight exhaust system. B+B headers/heat exchangers and a zork exhaust pipe will save the most weight. I removed my windshield washer tank (yeah, I am extreme, and my car is light weight). Fiberglass bumpers and a fiberglass tail are options for weight savings.

Anyway, you get the idea. Weight savings means better braking, handling, acceleration, gas mileage. More power simply means better acceleration.

Just a thought. But at least have a plan before you start doing stuff.
Old 12-10-2007, 06:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)