View Single Post

The turbo cams are different from SC cams in that they have a boss on the rear of the left cam to drive the scavenge pump. There are no factory SC cams that have this boss, only Turbo cams have it. My car came with SC cams out of a pre-80 SC that had been converted by adding the boss to the left cam. The car had the older 46mm cam nuts rather than the correct cam bolts for an '86.

It is better to get the SC grind on the Turbo cam blanks (in my opinion) than to convert an SC cam to drive the scavenge pump.

It's also a good thing to order the correct cams (46mm nuts pre '80 1/2 vs 19mm bolts post 80 1/2). I needed both cam tools to replace mine as I ordered the correct cams from Webcam and then discovered that a previous owner backdated my cams. Order the correct grind on a Turbo blank for your year and you can keep the changes to a minimum.

Webcam had the SC grind in the correct cams for my car in stock.
Old 12-11-2007, 12:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #42 (permalink)