View Single Post
resident samsquamch

Quote:
Originally Posted by WERK-I View Post
Sandman,
I take it that you have the KKK turbo in your car? Other than oil consumption through the rings, the only other place where oil could get in your engine would be the turbocharger seals. Do you have aftermarket headers? If you do, I suspect the culprit may be the turbo sump pump system. I have read that the sump pump for the turbocharger is very inefficient at idling speeds. So if you are cooling the turbo down after a long drive by letting it idle, the oil will not be scavenged from the tank. Try keeping the revs around 2K RPM for 30 seconds before shutting off the engine. It made a world of difference on mine. No smoke on startup since I started this practice.
Yes, I have the K27HFS turbo and OBX headers. That's good info regarding the inefficency of the scavenge pump.

And to answer another question from 930gt-40r about the oil line that runs up to the T-stat from the crank case, I have the braided one. I do have plans to replace this hose with the hard pipe that has a horse-shoe shape to it, to fit under the bell housing, but as with anything, I just haven't had time.
"Ladies and Gentlemen, from Boston Massachusetts, we are Morphine, at your service..." - Mark Sandman (RIP)
Old 12-13-2007, 07:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)