View Single Post

The Black car that Reaper posted belongs to a buddy of mine.. Mike "the Iceman"!
The car is a real Kremer spec vehicle and there was big article on this car back in the 90's when it was featured on the cover of Porsche Panorama Magazine. Mike saw the article drooled a lot about it and one year at the big Hershey swap meet there it was.. For Sale! The rest is History!

The Kremer Brothers, Manfred and (can't remember the other name) started out as a race and repair facility in cologne Germany. They were one of the "privateer teams " that had close ties to the factory and achieved tuner status under "TUV". They are also credited with designing what we have come to know as the slant or slopenose as it was their orignal design that was used on those venerable 935s. DP (Designs in Plastic) worked with the Kremers on these 935 bodies which included the huge rear fenders, tails, and if you look closely you'll see they also have an altered roof section that flows into the tail!

That's pretty much why you find DP and Kremer cars look so similar. I think the difference being that the DP cars have the look, unless modded & Kremer cars are look plus modds.

In the late 80's early 90's Kremer had a US arm based in Atlanta that imported both the cars and parts.

Ok, here's where I get in trouble... most of the full blown Kremer cars were supposed to be around 500 hp, flame ringed, dual plug, and on CIS!

Oh, and they all had one of these on the dash or between the seats!

RGruppe #180
So many cars..so little time!!
Old 12-13-2007, 09:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)