View Single Post

Hey Porsche is very green- in fact the 996 GT-3 met the LEV (low emissions vehicle) standards. I dont think that our life styles will be changed very much. The lives that will be affected are the morons and I mean real idiots that by big trucks just to look cool in along with the tiny housewife that drives a tank SUV. I cant tell you how pissed and anoyed I get when I see an F-350 super-duty with no scratches or dents in the bed- That means its supposed to be a pretty boy toy when it is really supposed to be for real men who work. Or the national security risks of 4'9" women driving Ford excursions (why the hell this is legal I dont know). I hope that the government sections the last 8 to 10 years of these supersized $h!tboxes and burns (unless for industrial work) them with no return. They are the route for many problems in the U.S- Higher gas demand= higher prices for us, clogging up the left lane, backing into our cars, higher insurance rates from too many cell phone accidents, and just general hazards and useless waste.
As for our cars- we make up such a small portion of the carbon foot print that the gov. will barely bother us. Think about the displacement and emission coming from our motors (if left stock) off boost. We run 8/1 compression which means less fuel being burned than a high compression motor- and the amount we get to really get on it is so little. We are not the threat.
Four of our cars make up about the same carbon foot print as Rosie O'donnels breath when she is talking B.S.
2008 C6/Z51 Corvette
Old 12-13-2007, 03:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)