View Single Post
Macht Schnell

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonE View Post
Les - I'm sorry - I didn't mean it how you took it.

If you really knew me from these lists, you would know I try to give responses based on my personal experiences (not biased by a supplier), I've gone to other Porsche owners homes to help do something, I've helped dozens of people who come to my house for help, and I post my successes as well as my f-ups so we can learn.

As for the files, if someone wants to share their entire file, cool. I just sold one of my files to someone in Atlanta who had a similar build, for $500. This also includes me helping him dial it in. So far, I've we've spent about 5 1/2 hours fine tuning his idle, warm up, temp correction, closed loop operation and low speed, low RPM AFR - I think we're done. I am attempting to recover some of the cost of my project.

Again, sorry.
Hi Don,
I HAVE read a lot of your posts. That's why I was so surprised. Your recent post keep clarifying who you are. You sold a BIN file for $500. Good for you. I guess you could have sent me a proposal for purchase thru a post or a pm.

Here's the answer I would have given you, NO, I'm not Interested!

I won't pay for something that is marginally relevant to my motor.

There are so many variables to an engine that a BIN file is in it's absolute sense worthless. I just wanted to see what others had done with their ignition curves. In a relevant sense, a BIN file can show how others accomplished what you are trying to do. Which is why I made this Thread.

If you consider port diameters, manifolds, Header primary Diameters, Throttle body diameters, Inj sizes, Mufflers, etc, a file is just something to look at to reference how somebody else went somewhere. If I were going to spend $500, I would spend it on Dyno time, not BUYING a file from someone else's car.

The good news is that when I get my engine tuned, there's a ready market on PelicanParts who will pay $500 for my bin file. Of course I'll be really stupid here and give it away for free like a number of other things I have done in relation to Porsche's and BMW Motorcycles, just to name a few.

I just looked in the mirror and guess that I am the stupid one here. I haven't sold any of my expertise over the 23 years I've spent on the net. I've given all that away for free. Boy, I'm feelin' pretty stupid about now...

Les
---Les Garten---85 930, Andial IC, GHL Headers, Fabspeed Dual, K-27 HF2, 3.4 JE Full Finned 7.5:1 CR, 964 CAM'd, Carerra 3.2 Manifold Cut/Flipped, Tec3r, Siemans 55#, GSF Fuel Rails, Clewett Crank Trigger, Clewett Cam Trigger,Dual Plugged, ARP Head Studs/Rod Bolts, Clewett Wires.Tial 46mm WG, Tial 50mm BOV, WEVO Shifter,934 Boost Gauge, Wideband EGO Sensor/Gauge, C2T Head Gaskets, '88 MB 300TE,BMW R100RT
Old 12-14-2007, 08:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)