View Single Post
Macht Schnell

Quote:
Originally Posted by 125shifter View Post
Sounds like a cool bike. I worked at an independent BMW shop in Austin in school that built some pretty wicked boxers so I've had an appreciation for them for a while.

Ever so often the idea of going a little wild on the engine crosses my mind, but fortunately the idea fades pretty quickly.
I drove my 930 and laid into the boost for the first time today with the HF2. Man, it's nice to feel the tires bust loose again! When my 930 was stock, after a few years of driving it, it just didn't have the same performance. I asked the guy who was wrenching my car, he said it feels like a stock 930. But it didn't for me.

When I decided to rebuild it and tore it down, every compression ring on all cylinders was broken. They just fell out in a zillion pieces. It was amazing how well the car ran with smashed rings. I have an adjustable boost controller on it at the time and am sure that didn't help anything! Even with all the rings broken the cylinders and pistons were perfect.

Les
---Les Garten---85 930, Andial IC, GHL Headers, Fabspeed Dual, K-27 HF2, 3.4 JE Full Finned 7.5:1 CR, 964 CAM'd, Carerra 3.2 Manifold Cut/Flipped, Tec3r, Siemans 55#, GSF Fuel Rails, Clewett Crank Trigger, Clewett Cam Trigger,Dual Plugged, ARP Head Studs/Rod Bolts, Clewett Wires.Tial 46mm WG, Tial 50mm BOV, WEVO Shifter,934 Boost Gauge, Wideband EGO Sensor/Gauge, C2T Head Gaskets, '88 MB 300TE,BMW R100RT
Old 12-15-2007, 03:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)