Thread: Which shifter?
View Single Post

Garage
I found Hargett through pelicanparts-discussions, now I have 2 of them in my cars and one in my friends car.
We were lucky to have in our cars all 3 different transmissions: 915, 930 and G50, and as we have found out, they all work very well.
Now after some testing I wouldn't change to any other 911-shifter solution. Especially with the 915 box (which usually is the most problematic when the springs in the stick gets worn) I have been amazed how great it functions.

930 with G50gearbox as well as my Green 930 with 930gearbox are street legal racing cars and the shifter works very well with Recaro SPG Racer, Cobra Evolution S etc. race seats as well as with regular (Cobra Misano) leather seats in my 3,6 915gearbox.

The heater box can be modified further forward to the place of the old shifter or further rear (to cover the rear joint and pert of the linkage system).
In my Green 930 the heater box is already changed to be the home of the turbo adjuster as well as for the inter phone and that particular box moved to the rear.

Anyway, Hargett's very high finishing quality is really satisfying.
I can strongly recommend.
Old 12-15-2007, 11:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #45 (permalink)