View Single Post
Forced Induction Junkie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig 930 RS View Post
As with every 'crisis' in the past, this too will be ironed out.
The cool - or is it pathetic? - thing is it takes a 'big deal' at times to force technology to advance.
The "technology" is has been here for time now, but the technology is a departure from anything the consumer is used to. It all boils down to economics. The environmentalists say the time to change our way of thinking is NOW. The free market economists say the let the market determine the next source of clean efficient energy, "necessity is the Mother of invention" approach. The battle line drawn is over "when" the migration will take place, not should there be change. It's too bad the radical scientists on both sides of the political spectrum have muddied the waters.

All I know is the sound of some high torque electric motor is not going to stir the senses as some of the air-cooled overhead chain cammed boxers or the high overlap solid lifter SBC 302s. What marvelous engines!! Hello "Wh-i-i-r-r-r", goodbye "chitty-chitty-bang-bang".
Werk I Zuffenhausen 3.3l/330BHP Engine with Sonderwunsch Cams, FabSpeed Headers, Kokeln IC, Twin Plugged Electromotive Crankfire, Tial Wastegate(0.8 Bar), K27 Hybrid Turbo, Ruf Twin-tip Muffler, Fikse FM-5's 8&10x17, 8:41 R&P
Old 12-16-2007, 05:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)