View Single Post

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to James Shoffit
Quote:
Originally Posted by john_cramer View Post
For the leakdown tester it helps to get a piece of tubing (can be any material, I happened to use aluminum because I had it handy) and cut it about 5" long and slide it over the 14mm end of the hose so the connector protrudes. This will allow you to turn the tubing to fit it into the spark plug hole, easier than trying to spin the hose between your palms to get it seated. Don't make it TOO long or you won't be able to get it in the hole when the engine is in the car.
Stomski also makes an adapter that is a metal tube that screws into the spark plug hole and has the same 14mm threading on the top end, a tiny bit exposed. Would make it really easy as well, if you could buy them. Pelican seems to offer them, but seems to be out, and I couldn't figure out how to buy them from the Stomski site. I probably didn't try hard enough.

I didn't have that much trouble getting the hose started. I thought about wrapping it with a cut pipe to make it easier, but only 2 out of the 6 cylinders gave me any problems at all, and only 1 of those two was difficult, and that one only took about a minute to get it going.

And yes, I would look for other solutions if I were going to do this all the time, but I figure once every 3 years is often enough to buy a new tool
05 Honda Civic
07 Expedition Eddie Bauer EL
Old 12-16-2007, 07:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)