View Single Post
Forced Induction Junkie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RarlyL8 View Post
The GT35R may be a bit agressive with stock cams and heads.
You may not need the Leask adjustable WUR and will not need a larger fuel head with a stock long block. The tipping point for the fuel system ususally occurs after head work and a large turbo are added. Measuring the A/F ratios will tell you when it is time to add those devices.
You can safely run 1.0bar with a large intercooler. Again, check the A/F ratios.
You should see ~350WHP with the setup you have outlined.
+1

You are going to see your engine go on the lean side with the addition of more efficient headers....better exhaust scavenging. You may get by with just richening the adjustment. The GT35R is a more capable turbo in generating more CFM than the KKK. Wouldn't the GT30R be a better choice for your engine output goals? Garden hose on a fire hydrant come to mind with the GT35R with your current setup.
I do not recommend opening of the intake runners on street/DE engines. Opening them up lowers the VE on the lower RPM levels. Low end torque is not plentiful on these engines. Clean them up, don't open them up.
The exhaust side is another matter. Exhaust scavenging is key here----routing as much energy to the turbo as efficiently as possible.
Werk I Zuffenhausen 3.3l/330BHP Engine with Sonderwunsch Cams, FabSpeed Headers, Kokeln IC, Twin Plugged Electromotive Crankfire, Tial Wastegate(0.8 Bar), K27 Hybrid Turbo, Ruf Twin-tip Muffler, Fikse FM-5's 8&10x17, 8:41 R&P
Old 12-17-2007, 09:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)