View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by WERK-I View Post
+1

You are going to see your engine go on the lean side with the addition of more efficient headers....better exhaust scavenging. You may get by with just richening the adjustment. The GT35R is a more capable turbo in generating more CFM than the KKK. Wouldn't the GT30R be a better choice for your engine output goals? Garden hose on a fire hydrant come to mind with the GT35R with your current setup.
I do not recommend opening of the intake runners on street/DE engines. Opening them up lowers the VE on the lower RPM levels. Low end torque is not plentiful on these engines. Clean them up, don't open them up.
The exhaust side is another matter. Exhaust scavenging is key here----routing as much energy to the turbo as efficiently as possible.
The reason i have mention the GT35R is that i can get hold of one secondhand that has not been used much. So should i avoid using the GT35R?? This is why i have asked these questions as this is a learning curve for me who has no previous experience of upgrading a 930. Thanks guys.
Old 12-17-2007, 02:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)