View Single Post

Interesting that this month's issue of Excellence magazine covers all these topics...

First of all, Porsche is hard at work on the hybrid Cayenne and have a working prototype that the media has now driven. It uses a split electric and gas engine system with a clutch or something that shifts from one to the other. This is more advanced than the ten year old Toyota system.

It added over 300 pounds to the weight of the vehicle...........................

Secondly, Porsche does not like diesel engines.

And in the racing section on the American GT series, the conclusion the journalists come to is what I said above. In order to compete with the Ferrari, Porsche needs to move to the superior mid engine chassis. Like duh!

They tried bigger tires and a wider body, didn't work. So unless they are going to dicker around, Porsche needs to grow a pair and put their marketing concerns aside and do the right thing and build the car we already know they are capable of.

There was a time when the 911 replaced a popular car. No reason to keep lingering in mediocrity, IMO. And no reason a 911 cannot become mid-engined either, as far as I am concerned. But to each his own. Call it 911, call it Carrera GT, I don't care. Just get on with it already. Make the best car you can make. Mid-engined and powerful and LIGHTWEIGHT.
Old 12-20-2007, 09:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #37 (permalink)