View Single Post
Automotive Monomaniac

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDDD View Post
First of all, Porsche is hard at work on the hybrid Cayenne and have a working prototype that the media has now driven. It uses a split electric and gas engine system with a clutch or something that shifts from one to the other. This is more advanced than the ten year old Toyota system...

In order to compete with the Ferrari, Porsche needs to move to the superior mid engine chassis...

Make the best car you can make. Mid-engined and powerful and LIGHTWEIGHT.
The only reason Porsche is making a hybrid Cayenne is to keep the tree-huggers happy. They are not very serious about it (check out the technology - it isn't that sophisticated).

Ever driven a Cayman? Mid-engine, light, small, tossable, quick, etc... I was a die-hard 911 guy until I drove a Boxster less than a year ago. Then, I bought one as a track car (it is frickin' amazing in the twisties). Yes, I am keeping the 911 too!
Old 12-20-2007, 10:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #38 (permalink)