View Single Post
Wo ist die Rennstrecke?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFairman View Post
I agree with you there... driving slowly and no where near boost through neighborhoods and using 100% synthetic oil is good enough to cool down the turbo housing and the cool down idleing isn't really needed then.

I'll try the 1500-2000rpm idle ignition cut and see if it stops the usual start up puff of oil smoke.

thanks,
Jim
I would be very surprised to see the 1500 rpm cut off work for reducing oil smoke on start-up. That's more an issue of oil seeping past the rings, then being burned on start up. If its a cold start, and if there really is oil in the turbo, it will not be hot enough to combust and turn to smoke on start up - it's coming from the cylinders.

If you have oil in the turbo, you'll have smoke well after start up.

Since my rebuild using JB racing cylinders and JE pistons, I do not have smoke on start up because the piston, rings and cylinders do not have the same characteristics of the all aluminum stock Mahle stuff. This is kind of proven by the 1 quart used every 1500 miles or so.
Old 12-25-2007, 12:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)