View Single Post

Garage
A highly advertised shop built me a pretty potent 3.2 with all the goodies from a 3.0 76 10 years ago. 3 years ago I had the car painted. It was supposed to take 2 months it took 6. You know how that goes. So when the car was finally finished they called me to tell me it was finished but the car had gotten hot. I said how hot, they said it pegged the gauge and was running rough. To make a long story short when the engine was torn down all kind of debris was found in oil passages, ruined cams, etc, etc. The highly advertised shop had painted the inside of the sump plate for some reason, and I guess when it got hot enough sitting there idling on July 3rd in Texas, it dissolved the paint which got into said passages along with enough other suspect material from the paint shop pulling the car in and out of various places in the paint shop over the period of time that they had it to cause plugged passages. Ultimately I sent the car to Imagine in KC. A year later it was finished but not before a case had to be found because of some of the bothched things the so called highly advertised shop had done fixing oil leaks. If I recall Imagine used some type of pressure system to clean up all the lines, the front cooler etc, because we'd discussed the very topic originally posted here. That was nearly 2 years ago and I haven't had any problems with debris. Knock knock knock.
Old 12-29-2007, 09:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)