View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanUK View Post
Good point Spuggy about saving money, the 993 sure did have the bean counters on it. The shocks for example.
I'm sure you're right about the pressures to reduce production costs at Porsche, although the later cars aren't something I know much about - heck, half the time, I don't even recognise them on the road, if they're coming towards me...

The comment about "those guys would save money if they could" was actually related to people designing mass-production jet turbine engines - every dollar there adds up over the production run, and there would be a huge incentive to use materials which were as cheap as possible - or as easy to work with as possible - because difficulty in machining/working or any additional production controls etc. all translate directly into production cost.

Just Alan Shephard's quote about the safety factory being determined by the lowest bidder. It makes me happier not to think about this stuff when flying commercially...
Old 12-30-2007, 08:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)