View Single Post
E-85 sippin drunk

Mark, you need to compare apples to apples....

We have air cooled motors... Jap and other cars are watercooled.... much easier to run high boost and keep the temps under control with water cooling than air....

The problem you mentioned with the studs pulling, breaking, or streaching is the stock stuff.... put some ARP, Racewares, SUpertechs, etc....and I bet that problem will go away.... Also remember, we are holding cyl and heads together with the studs... not just the head down ( as in Jap cars)

and three.... I think that if you build it right..this would also not be a problem ( compression leaks)

The only thing that I get pissed off about is how much the parts, etc cost!!! I have a TON of money into my build.. if I were to have spent that money on an american v-8...or a jap car, I would have easily double the HP..... But if that was the case... I still would not have a Porsche... its all in what you want....
Brad...930 gt-1 racecar, increased displacement to 3.6L, JB racing Cylinders, JE 8 to1 pistons, stroked crank, Carrillo rods, extrudehoned 3.2L intake, full bay Bell I/C, GT-2 EVO cams, Rarly8 headers, GTX-35RS turbo, twin plug, P&P heads, Link G4 EFi system, G-50/50 with LTD slip and oil squirters/oil cooler, zork tube, full race coilover system, with carbon fiber body, full cage, E-85 sippin drunk
Old 12-30-2007, 03:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)