View Single Post
"I wuz the liquor..."

I'll try to keep my thoughts 930-centric and avoid putting down some other makes and models.

930 ownership can indeed be bitter sweet. Compared to a basic Small Block Cheby, these engines do seem down-right crazy! All of these modular castings, the cam timing, the crazy azz oiling system, the tolerances. Throw a turbo into the mix and it makes you wonder how the thing starts and runs! But with some patience, some well thought mods/updates, some knowledge, skill, and of course $$$$$, these things are brutally dependable when the dust settles!!!! And they stay that way if you maintain them! They just need the right master willing to do some sorting.

I always love to take some unsuspecting person for a ride. Cruising around town, it's just like any ordinary car from the passenger's perspective: "uumm, yeah, okay this is cool, I see that Porsh does things a little different...oh, that big gauge in the center is the tach, huh, that's neato..."
Find a safe place to catch full boost and the car becomes something entirely different!!!! "Mr. Hyde wants to play with your azz, MOFO! You best forget the neato tach and pay attention to the smaller gauge near sand_man's white-knucked right hand, that says, bar" ! Hell, when the wastegate opens, most people are scared *****less from the noise! It's this duplicitous behavior that has me hooked - causes me not to question the car's short comings. I feel that I got two cars for the price of one. Of course there are better cars and engines. But I think this platform does all things well.
"Ladies and Gentlemen, from Boston Massachusetts, we are Morphine, at your service..." - Mark Sandman (RIP)
Old 12-31-2007, 07:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)