View Single Post
one of the great unwashed

Well, the BL I referred to above is Brian Leask. I am currently running close to 4.0 bar control pressure warm, which has just about gotten rid of the flat spot. I do have one of Brians WUR and RPM Solenoid, set to 4600 RPM. It's kind of weird: in second gear, hard acceleration, it is still there badly. In third and fourth, it's not there. I am thinking about the rate of change in the enrichment circuit as a potential culprit.

Brian, I don't have an LM-1, but I do have an AEM AFR gauge dash mounted, with a Bosch wideband sensor before the turbo. BL and I discussed the IA head, and he confirmed that they do tend to run pig rich in the midrange. The adjustments I made to warm control pressure seems to have taken most of that out, but I can still get AFR to 10 or below, as noted prior, in a hard second gear run.

Goran, what you suggest regarding backfire is what I thought also, until I blew up my plastic airbox. That hole in the discharge pipe is the fitting for my water injector. And, I just last night read one of your posts regarding pressure checking of the system, which was very interesting, and I think I may do sometime in the naer future.

I'll tweak the idle mix a bit today, I braved the 30F temperatures and calls for snow flurries and took the car to work today.

Pat
Old 01-02-2008, 04:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)