View Single Post

You can force some RTV in the groove before pushing them together and bolting it up... won't hurt anything but the RTV may dry partially ruining any sealing qualities before you finish moving it around getting the header flanges onto the studs and around the oil line next to the #3 cylinder.
that can go quickly or be a pain in the... I have to have the B&B stainless braided 90degree oil line fitting loose while fitting the headers onto the exhaust studs to manuever things around, then position and tighten it as the headers are snugged up.

That B&B header joint there is around an inch deep and a snug fit. I've never heard mine leaking so it's not a problem.
Clamping sounds like a bad idea since the headers and the engine will expand different amounts and that joint lets the two sides move or slip away and back from each other a little during heat cycles without creating stress and eventually cracking.
Clamping it will squeeze the outer pipe down a little and probably make it harder to take apart and refit in the future.
Old 01-02-2008, 10:22 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)