View Single Post
Macht Schnell

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayglass View Post
In the '80s I worked for a now-defunct place called FAF Motorcars. We played with lots of Italian exotica. When they moved from side-draft to down-draft carbs we asked the Lamborghini rep about the now even more restricted rear visibility. He said "Lamborghini is not to see out of, is to be seen in!"

I really think I can make a daily driver out of my 930. I have no such illusions about Italian cars...

As an aside, I drove just about everything exotic from that era. I loved the Ferrari 246 Dino and thought the Countach drove like a fast truck. I took out a customer's 930 once. I still remember that test drive. I said to myself "I've got to have one of these..." It took a while.
Heh,
I used to buy Weber jets and Jet drills from FAF. Were they in Atlanta?

MMMM, Miura....

Les
---Les Garten---85 930, Andial IC, GHL Headers, Fabspeed Dual, K-27 HF2, 3.4 JE Full Finned 7.5:1 CR, 964 CAM'd, Carerra 3.2 Manifold Cut/Flipped, Tec3r, Siemans 55#, GSF Fuel Rails, Clewett Crank Trigger, Clewett Cam Trigger,Dual Plugged, ARP Head Studs/Rod Bolts, Clewett Wires.Tial 46mm WG, Tial 50mm BOV, WEVO Shifter,934 Boost Gauge, Wideband EGO Sensor/Gauge, C2T Head Gaskets, '88 MB 300TE,BMW R100RT
Old 01-02-2008, 01:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #53 (permalink)