View Single Post
Metal Guru

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by les_garten View Post
I guess it's a radical right wing conspiracy that they can't sell any of that GM and Ford crap ehhh?

Les
J.D. Power & Associates, yes, the same guys that have been telling you for 20 odd years that you should buy a Toyota because they're so good, are now saying Toyota has been surpassed by Ford. If they were impartial when they convinced you to buy a Toyota, what's the problem now? You can still get with the winners when you buy your Ford at your next purchase and then everyone will think your a smart guy who gets good value for his money.

I cite George W. and the worst example example of a guy, who when faced with the data (no WMD in Iraq, no partnership with Al Queda) decided that his opinion over-rode the facts, costing thousands of young American lives and billions of dollars (the above statement doesn't mean I'm voting for Hillary; actually I don't know WHO I'm voting for yet).

Now let's talk about Corvettes.
I've owned two; a 1976 coupe and a 1970 big block coupe, in that order. Driving a 911 SC convinced me to take the Porsche plunge and I've never looked back.
For what I paid for my Turbo I could have bought a new C6 convertible but I preferred the Turbo because Porsches are what "do it" for me.
The build quality of the Corvette is every bit as good as a Porsche. If anyone doubts this go to a Chevy dealer and check it out. I know some people who work on the Corvette and they are very proud of it for good reason; there is a lot of technology, both product and manufacturing, in those cars.
Here's a scoop: the 2012 Corvette will have a magnesium body, reducing vehicle weight by 37%.
Port matched, SC cams, K27/K29 turbo, Roush Performance custom headers w/Tial MV-S dual wastegates, Rarlyl8 muffler, LWFW, GT2 clutch & PP, BL wur, factory RS shifter, RS mounts, FVD timing mod, Big Reds, - 210 lb
Old 01-03-2008, 02:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #43 (permalink)