View Single Post
Macht Schnell

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911nut View Post
J.D. Power & Associates, yes, the same guys that have been telling you for 20 odd years that you should buy a Toyota because they're so good, are now saying Toyota has been surpassed by Ford. If they were impartial when they convinced you to buy a Toyota, what's the problem now? You can still get with the winners when you buy your Ford at your next purchase and then everyone will think your a smart guy who gets good value for his money.

I cite George W. and the worst example example of a guy, who when faced with the data (no WMD in Iraq, no partnership with Al Queda) decided that his opinion over-rode the facts, costing thousands of young American lives and billions of dollars (the above statement doesn't mean I'm voting for Hillary; actually I don't know WHO I'm voting for yet).

Now let's talk about Corvettes.
I've owned two; a 1976 coupe and a 1970 big block coupe, in that order. Driving a 911 SC convinced me to take the Porsche plunge and I've never looked back.
For what I paid for my Turbo I could have bought a new C6 convertible but I preferred the Turbo because Porsches are what "do it" for me.
The build quality of the Corvette is every bit as good as a Porsche. If anyone doubts this go to a Chevy dealer and check it out. I know some people who work on the Corvette and they are very proud of it for good reason; there is a lot of technology, both product and manufacturing, in those cars.
Here's a scoop: the 2012 Corvette will have a magnesium body, reducing vehicle weight by 37%.

Now we're talkin' You see, I've never read JD Powers for anything. I've used my own feel and common sense to figure out what car to buy, along with as many reviews as I could possibly read.

I guess you believe Motor trend too? If you can't drive a Ford and a Toyota and tell the difference? You are one of the guys who made the UAW what they are today. I know where there is a secret cache of Chrysler K-Cars I can turn you onto also, just don't tell anybody else I let you onto it!

Those folks in Michigan should have seen the writing on the wall around 1970 when Datsun and Toyota started making cars that mechanically started to challenge them. They've had almost 40 years to stem the tide. Now these Ostriches suddenly wake up and wonder who plucked all their feathers.

Les
---Les Garten---85 930, Andial IC, GHL Headers, Fabspeed Dual, K-27 HF2, 3.4 JE Full Finned 7.5:1 CR, 964 CAM'd, Carerra 3.2 Manifold Cut/Flipped, Tec3r, Siemans 55#, GSF Fuel Rails, Clewett Crank Trigger, Clewett Cam Trigger,Dual Plugged, ARP Head Studs/Rod Bolts, Clewett Wires.Tial 46mm WG, Tial 50mm BOV, WEVO Shifter,934 Boost Gauge, Wideband EGO Sensor/Gauge, C2T Head Gaskets, '88 MB 300TE,BMW R100RT
Old 01-03-2008, 02:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #44 (permalink)