View Single Post
Macht Schnell

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911nut View Post
Please explain this scoring change in detail.
Hi Nut,
So let me get this straight.

You think that the Japanese were able to come to this country and make these huge inroads into the market by bringing us an inferior Car that basically costs more on the average than American vehicles? All this considering how Americans have always felt it was Un-American to buy Foreign automobiles.

How do you account for this strange success story? Are Americans fatalistic and self destructive in reference to their economy?

And you think Ford and GM have managed to change everything overnight for all practical purposes? You think they have pulled off the Cinderella comeback story of the last two Millennia?

By the way, do you live in Flint? Does your Dad work for GM?

Personally, I think it is Unpatriotic and UnAmerican to support piss poor companies. If they can't compete, let them go out of business and be purchased by a re-org company that will rectify the last 50 years of screw-ups they've made, that would be a comeback.

There is no doubt that we can make the finest products in the world. We don't though for the most part. We could make the best cars, but GM, Ford, et al, will have to dissolve into the wind before that will happen.

Oh, I forgot, Americans do make great cars. I forgot about the plethora of Nissan, Toyota, Honda, et al Plants in the USA!

I got a observation for ya. They are coming after the 1/4 1/2 3/4 ton truck market, quick call your Dad in Detroit and warn him! I don't think they get any Network or cable news in the Entire freakin' state of Michigan. I don't even think they have Newspapers up there. Let's see what the small truck market looks like in the next 5 years?

I won't even mention the medium size truck market and what they have already accomplished there.

How do you account for their success?

Les
---Les Garten---85 930, Andial IC, GHL Headers, Fabspeed Dual, K-27 HF2, 3.4 JE Full Finned 7.5:1 CR, 964 CAM'd, Carerra 3.2 Manifold Cut/Flipped, Tec3r, Siemans 55#, GSF Fuel Rails, Clewett Crank Trigger, Clewett Cam Trigger,Dual Plugged, ARP Head Studs/Rod Bolts, Clewett Wires.Tial 46mm WG, Tial 50mm BOV, WEVO Shifter,934 Boost Gauge, Wideband EGO Sensor/Gauge, C2T Head Gaskets, '88 MB 300TE,BMW R100RT

Last edited by les_garten; 01-04-2008 at 07:04 AM..
Old 01-03-2008, 06:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #48 (permalink)