View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by patkeefe View Post
I think my AEM has the wiring for connecting up an RS-232, such that I can probably log some data on my laptop via hyperterminal. I'll have to look into this, as what you say is a pretty good idea. I generally just memorize readings and RPM readings, but my feeble mind does not have the storage capacity of a disk drive.

Pat

Yes the AEM UGEO widebands have an R232 data feed that can be patched into a serial port line for datalogging. Blue 20awg from the four wire harness. Just need to run that wire and a ground wire to the proper pins on a serial adapter(can't remember those locations, but they're in the instruction manual) I've messed with more than a handful of the AEM counterparts here. So so results....

However, you really should get an LM-1. While the AEM's do react fast, are pretty cost effective, and for the most part let you know what's going on they are not anywhere near as accurate as an LM-1. I've logged AEM plots while street tuning some cars here, and then once up on a dyno for the final pulls and an the shops LM-1 logging away I've recorded variances in the AEM sensors from .2 as much as 1.18!! I double checked these discrepancies by checking subsequent pulls using my own LM-1 which I bring to all dyno pulls with customers car incase it's ever needed.

I point fault in the AEM units to the calibration resistors in the main sensor connector. None ever seem to be dead on....
Old 01-03-2008, 06:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)