View Single Post
Macht Schnell

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFairman View Post
When I installed my K27HFS, I wanted to use new stainless studs on the turbo and the lowest cost way to do it was to buy approx 4" long stainless bolts and nuts and cut the heads off the bolts with a die grinder and death wheel, and slightly clean up or bevel the ends of the threads so they are now very nice studs.

Works great... just be sure to use anti-seize on both ends of the threads so they don't gall and the nuts come off smoothly, and the studs can be removed from the turbo if needed easily in the future.

I'd like to put stainless studs in the heads too but havn't done that.
Some folks say don't do that because of possible galling... so I just used the anti-seize and new 12mm wrench size copper nuts on the stock studs.

Les, I got the stainless metric nuts and bolts at Action bolt and tool in Riviera beach, Fl...
Heh, that's where I got mine also! I did the same thing. When I built my motor I bought bags of SS from Fastenal. Everything that can be SS on mine is SS.

Les
---Les Garten---85 930, Andial IC, GHL Headers, Fabspeed Dual, K-27 HF2, 3.4 JE Full Finned 7.5:1 CR, 964 CAM'd, Carerra 3.2 Manifold Cut/Flipped, Tec3r, Siemans 55#, GSF Fuel Rails, Clewett Crank Trigger, Clewett Cam Trigger,Dual Plugged, ARP Head Studs/Rod Bolts, Clewett Wires.Tial 46mm WG, Tial 50mm BOV, WEVO Shifter,934 Boost Gauge, Wideband EGO Sensor/Gauge, C2T Head Gaskets, '88 MB 300TE,BMW R100RT
Old 01-04-2008, 11:22 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)