View Single Post
Metal Guru

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by les_garten View Post
THEY ARE COMING AFTER THE FORD AND CHEVY TRUCK MARKET.
Les
Here's a news flash: They're here and getting an a$$ kickin'.
Toyota missed their sales target on the Tundra in 2007. They are rebating the trucks to move them out.
Nissan's Titan, well, it's doing even worse.
With the big trucks what your seeing is a domestic auto industry that learned it's lessons and was prepared for an attempt on the market by Toyota and Nissan.
We can all talk about cars we've owned that have gone around the world without even as much as a washing and cars that stranded us. The important part of Cl8yton's story was that it occured 17 years ago. A lot has changed since then. My 1996 Taurus wagon went 150k miles with customary maintenance and is still running around these parts. Since then I lease my cars; I pick them up at the dealer and they never go back for anything other than an oil change, which is pretty much what your saying about your Toyotas.
Les, when's the last time you owned a American car? If it's been a while then you have no information on which to make a value judgment, saying that Ford, GM and Chrysler are piss poor companies.
You imply that this improvement in quality was sudden, as if the numbers were fudged. This has been in the works for years and been gaining momentum since 2000. I wouldn't expect anyone that didn't work in the business to know that but everyone "gets it" about quality and this is the result.
Maybe it's time that you went and checked out a Ford or GM product. They'll even let you drive one if you want. You don't even have to tell anyone that you did it. It can be your secret.
Port matched, SC cams, K27/K29 turbo, Roush Performance custom headers w/Tial MV-S dual wastegates, Rarlyl8 muffler, LWFW, GT2 clutch & PP, BL wur, factory RS shifter, RS mounts, FVD timing mod, Big Reds, - 210 lb
Old 01-04-2008, 02:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #58 (permalink)