View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by RarlyL8 View Post
The 930 came to be simply as a homologation for racing. It was never meant to be sold in volume and was not designed for road manners. It is raw and demands respect. It has a reliable dry sump racing engine that can run flat out for hours on end. It has timeless sexy good looks spawned from the racetrack. It is expensive to maintain and modify, as all exotics are.
THAT is why we love them.
I know this a bit off topic, but the above is what I love so much about the 930. It was a "race" car built for the street, so Porsche could race the 934. I am always amazed at the engineering behind this car. Sometimes at night I'll lay under the car just to admire the rear suspension, the way everything was "beefed" up from the 911 to handle the additional power.

I was at B&N reading an automotive mag that was an interview with Jim Busby, and his opinion/experiences driving the 935, and it was just an incredible article, I'll go back and post the name of the mag, but while reading it, I was thinking all that (well most of it) technology is in the 930, "it is the mothership", nothing even comes close.
Old 01-05-2008, 06:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #62 (permalink)