View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie's.930 View Post
Hello and sorry if this has been asked/answered repeatedly (couldn't find much doing "searches") - where do you guys send turbo units for overhaul?

I'm in the middle of an engine overhaul on my 87 930 and want to get the turbo refreshed as well . . . local (Dallas TX area) shop is Majestic Turbos but I have gotten conflicting opinions with regard to their workmanship . . .

Ronnie

Say no to Majestic!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've had more customers with blown(new) turbochargers from them than I can remember and every one of them was turned down for warranty as they claimed it was user fault There known for selling crap turbos on Ebay and having them grenade. I used to rebuild KKK's, IHI, and Holsets here day in and day out. I have a VSR balance machine for fully balancing the CHRA. I now just do it occasionally for any customer or local needing it done. Not alot of money in it these days with the price of new turbochargers dropping all the time.

-Adam
Old 01-06-2008, 08:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)