View Single Post

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf300tt View Post
Hey 125Shifter, thanks for the input.

BTW my oldest son and I ran shifters a few years back. It was a blast. He retired from the sport back in 2002 after he flipped at Mid-Ohio. I continued for a couple more years until they eliminated the "Old-Man" classes.

Drew
I'm only running a couple races a year these days, but I still run with the kids . I'm certainly old enough to run the "old man class", but I've just gotten to where I can run light class with no ballast and I like not having to lift a ballasted kart. I'm trying to get my son into it now but he doesn't seem too thrilled . I'm going to buy a KT100 for him and an 80 for my wife from a friend for cheap and start out with some family practice days at the sprint track. I've been to Mid-Ohio as a motorcycle mechanic and I'd love to race there, but I haven't had the chance.

Those two companies can build you rim halves if you give them the ID and bolt pattern of the existing halves. Kodiak uses 6061 Al, but they're pretty slow and Bogart uses 5052 Al which is a little weaker.
Old 01-07-2008, 03:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)