View Single Post

I would suspect something more than the AAV since it is only supposed to bump the revs up by a few hundred when fully open. But you could start it up, pull the plug off and check for 12v at the plug terminal.
If it is getting 12v, you could either stand the pain of letting the engine run like that for a few minutes and pull the air hose off and see if the slot is closing (reference it cold first), or less painful, remove the AAV, put it in the oven at about 100 deg C (I have done this) and see if the slot closes. Then if it does, and you have 12 V at plug, all you need to do is check circuit across the AAV pins is continuous (ie measure resistance is within range). If broken internal wire, infinite resistance - no circuit - so 12 V going nowhere.
But I would suspect more air leaks, or linkage adjustment. Could check throttle plate fully closed - should have minute pre set opening at 'closed' position.
Alan
Old 01-09-2008, 05:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)