View Single Post

Garage
Send a message via ICQ to GaryR
An update - It DID pop up again at Limerock, and kept happening on/off since...

I was talking with Dan Jacobs last week, going over stuff for the 3.0L he is building for my SC, and told him what I was going to try on the 930 (I have a new Leask Adj. WUR and was going to install it to see if that cured the issue). He had me go over all the symptoms again and asked if I had a spare CDI box to try instead (or he would have loaned me one). By chance I did, out of my race car. Went home that night and after cleaning the contacts up tossed in my spare. Damn if she, after sitting two weeks, pop off and sit there purring like a kitten! I waited until the next morning as I had some engine tin to get to Dan (I had bead-blasted and painted), and took her out. Figured if it ran bad I would get to Dan's and LEAVE her there.. well, she ran GREAT! It was wonderful hearing all those noises and getting pushed back into the seat again... Took a nice 24 mile ride on dry roads and came home smiling... until I remembered now I have to sell her..
Old 01-11-2008, 05:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)