View Single Post
resident samsquamch

Quote:
Originally Posted by axl911 View Post
If this is a daily driver, would the mods listed on the car still make the car smog legal? smogable?
I'm not sure what the laws are in your neck of the woods. In some places, a car must pass a visual AND an actual smog test. Cali for example. In which you'd have someone checking to be sure that the air injection gear is all there and that it's working. At least that's how I think Cali does it. Some sates only require the smog test...no visual. How the hell these folkers know what they're looking for, I have no idea?!?!? Some states, like NC (my state) only requires a safety inspection for the "old" cars; no smog for me.

Having said all of that, the car can be tuned to pass emissions without the bogus factory air injection system. You would have it tuned for the inspection, and then tuned back for driving purposes. Probably requires the engine to be leaned out more than you'd want for regular boosting fun!
"Ladies and Gentlemen, from Boston Massachusetts, we are Morphine, at your service..." - Mark Sandman (RIP)
Old 01-11-2008, 02:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)