View Single Post
Happiest when Tinkering

It's a long shot but there is a screw extraction setup that they are advertising on tv that might work for something like this would require removal of the induction system to get room but that at least would not be as intense as a full engine drop. I would heat the stud or what is left with a torch to break down any threadlocker used and give it a try. If that doesn't work then you should have enough room to get in there with a angle drill and drill it out and use a easy out on it. I would not suggest this except that it is a small stud on an alloy case that is not likely to have too much corrosion to lock the remaining stud in. All I can say bar that is BE CAREFULL if you slip you drill into soft metal and then you have a real problem. If you damage the threads in this process then you can get timesert kits from enginetech.com to put in new threads good as new.
76 911 C.R.A.P. Gruppe #2 BIG time TURBO C.R.A.P. Bitz EFI/EDIS Now MegaSquirt 3
76 Blazer also restored by me
Old 01-13-2008, 07:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)