View Single Post
one of the great unwashed

I have no air-air IC, but I do have water injection. I can drop the temps in the plenum secton of the airbox (after the compressor) to pretty much what ambient air is entering my air filter. And, I can do this at the track, when the boost is on for long periods of time. I have instrumentation to measure these two key temperatures. Keep in mind my pressure ratio is low in comparison to high boost 930 type applications...I run 6 PSI. Looking at the chart above, I can surmise I have an extremely high efficiency intercooler.

Here is the dyno sheet from last fall; boost was around 6 PSI steady, although I have sinced changed my old junk wastegate to a Tial Sport. I have the car sorted much better now; spike is gone (had some air leaks on the pressure side of the turbo and got the WUR/fuel delivery issues resolved). I think the area under the curve is bigger now, and may have a few extra HP also. This is basically a stock 78 SC, rebuilt, with some longevity items and DC-15 cams, and stock 8.5:1 CR pistons.

Old 01-14-2008, 03:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)