View Single Post
Certifiable

Send a message via Yahoo to Quicksilver77
Question First Post... and I already need something!

Hello All! My name is Sean, I am new to this forum, I have been lurking for a while, and I apologize for my first post being needy, but I am banging my head against a wall here! I also pre-apologize for not knowing all the proper terminology; I will do my best to learn quickly! Here is where I am at…
Background:
I sold my 996 C2S, and I have been searching high and low for a 930… I am not looking for a concourse car, but I do want a 930 in good shape, not a project/resurrection. I think I found “THE” car. 1987 Silver/Black; 90,000 miles; modifications per the owner include: “balanced and blueprinted… Borla exhaust. There is no cat. The headers are original… the crank was milked… C-2 cams where placed… ported and polished heads… Billet injector ports where done... European injector tubes where inserted. Roughly 350hp”
Problem:The car is in Florida, and I am in Smog-Hell, aka (California). All of the smog equipment has been removed and canned; which, if I lived in any other state, I would do the same thing. The only exception being the owner kept the stock cats and mufflers.
Solutions:Option 1, I convert this car back to stock-ish, and if so does anyone have a pile of functional garbage (smog equipment): air pump, belt, diverter valves, vacuum lines they would like to rid themselves of? ***Side note: Is my smog parts list missing anything else?***
And can a DIY’er do the re-installation? I am pretty handy, I’m not tearing down a motor or anything but baring that or a transmission rebuild I am pretty confident, that with the proper diagrams and help from a great forum, I can do just about anything.
Option 2: I just hold out for a CA car? Spending sleepless nights… tossing… and turning… Porsche less…
Old 01-15-2008, 12:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)