View Single Post

I'm reviving/updating an old thread only because there is still a lot of intercooler talk here - as some remember, I went thru the B&B longneck debacle last summer.....

I've since bought 3 other intercoolers to decide which one would work best (I gave up on the B&B - it's simply garbage at any price) The 3 other units I got are: 1) Garretson for 76-77 non I/C car (would work with OE diverter, or needs a fitting added to use BOV), 2) OE 965 (C2 turbo) unit (need to scrap A/C or switch to C2 condenser/lines), and 3) Garretson for 78-87 (thanks Kas930 here on Pelican - Long neck intercooler for sale).

In the end I'll prolly use the Garretson 78-87 unit - I did not see enough gain with the 965 intercooler to justify the cost of redoing my A/C system. I may hang on to the 965 unit and use it if I can gather up the C2 a/c parts on the cheep, but finding anything cheep for these cars is like winning the lottery.

Anyway both of the Garretson units are TOP NOTCH. Not inexpensive by any means, but unlike B&B, definately worth the money.

Pat K
87 930
Old 01-15-2008, 11:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)