View Single Post
Large Member

Garage
Thanks for starting this thread Bill, and then Bill - congrats to both of you on your recent installs, veryvery nice. Not to mention nice iron over / under them.

Thanks for also sharing Blaine, and ditto the iron bit. Your car with them BBS Motorsports is breathtaking, and a Cobra along side of it to boot - nice.

Rob, awesome counterpoint info on the 2 poster I was thinking much the same. You provided some great detail that I hope to some day find useful.

I've got a 24x24x12 and don't really want to add the third bay as I'd have to move my pool, add driveway, interfere with my girls' room above, etc. Storing the TR3 2 miles up @ mom's is growing old. My garage is begging for a lift. Course this would still relegate the //S8 outside (gawd am I tired of scraping ice for the a.m. commute!). I doubt I could fit an ML under a 2nd one? Not to mention doubt wife would agree to all them posts in there if it could fit!

Anyone have any used sources? I've heard this can sometimes be a good way to go. I've heard you can find some more in the 1,200 range? More my budget for such than $1,800-3k (not to mention wife-sellable).

I too am partial to the 2 posters. As much as I don't feel like dropping motors at this point in life (too much time energy expended with 5/3/3 year olds running me ragged) I fear I'd regret limiting myself for the ability to have more options.

I don't fear my kids' ability to fiddle with the controls, they're typically mounted higher than their reach and some have a 2 step control they'd need to decipher. I do worry about TR3 driptitude underneath . I know, drip trays - still.

Soooooooo... how much have you guys all become your friends new best friends? Heh heh.

Again guys, congrats all / thanks for sharing. It's def. motivational for the rest of us schleps!

ps. Schnele, what new car dealer are you if you don't mind sharing? Love to pick your brain sometime (long story)...

| '01 ///M5 | '96 993 C2 cab | '05 S600 Sport - biturbo V12@Just Not Right 495rwhp / 612rwtq |
| '58 TR3A | '01 //S8 | '95 //S6 6gang | '88 ///M5 | '87 190E 2.3-16 |
Old 01-17-2008, 05:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #61 (permalink)