View Single Post
Slantnose from HELL

Actually the larger the TB the more power it will add to any forced inducted motor. I run 80mm on my ride and feel it is the largest you should run on a Carrera base intake. I have put an 85mm TB on a Carrera intake on Mike's intake and felt it was a bit too big but even though it was big it made a night and day difference for the better. Dutteweiler did a comparision a few years back and witnessed a 50HP per 5mm increase. As far as being sluggish It isn't likely as there are no transfer slots or fuel wells that are relying on velocity to help atomization.This is another big plus with electronic fuel injection.
Twin Garrett's, Big Valve, Xtreme Cylinder Heads, JB Racing cylinders and machine work, custom JE pistons, GT2 EVO cams, GT3 oil pump, modified 3.2L intake, 80mm TB, custom Intercooler, equal length headers, DFI, KEP Stage 2 custom twin disc, G50 custom gear set, LSD, Tilton trans pump, Fluidyne cooler
Old 01-17-2008, 04:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)