View Single Post

I would have expected it too, if it was going to serve the obvious purpose. But the plot thickens. In Nathans pic, it 'appears' not to (the plate appears fully shut). In my situation I have a significant gap, and in A930Rockets post, there is a gap (but in the pic the plate appears open by about 1 mm)..
What I can't figure out is how it is supposed to just touch to be useful, without any meaning- ful way of adjusting it to do so. If it pushed the air plate down by an extra mm, you would have some serious idle/tuning issues. If it sits high by a mm, it would appear redundant, as at full shut the air plate seems to 'bottom out' on the housing.
I am perplexed to say the least. To fit mine in the present config seems pointless, and best forgotten. But properly fitted, I suspect it would help alleviate the plate flutter at idle - which is about the only use I can imagine for it. But my 10mm gap seems to big to compensate for.
At rest, my plate sits fully shut against the housing. Maybe the stopper is theoretically supposed to hold the plate open by about 1mm, in the idle position. In which case it would prevent any violent shutting action. Shutting right off may set up a choking/oscillating action in the engine? But you might have expected some way to adjust for this fine setting?
Alan
Old 01-17-2008, 04:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)