View Single Post
Macht Schnell

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJF View Post
I usually maching the mounting flange off the Carrera intake after I cut and rotate the center section. Then I weld a new flange that mates to the new TB of my choice. I then add more material by welding numerous passes to build up the voids then grind to shape before I surface the mounting flange. On Mikes I left the original mounting holes along with the new ones but after the modifications the new hole is actually larger than the original Carrera TB. I then weld the linkage pin to the new TB so the factory linkage connects to the new TB. You may need to add length to the stock linkage from the bellcrank to the TB.
Hi GJF,
Definitely Gnarly looking stuff!! There is no downside to a 75mm throat over my 64mm I have now?? No driveability issues??

Les
---Les Garten---85 930, Andial IC, GHL Headers, Fabspeed Dual, K-27 HF2, 3.4 JE Full Finned 7.5:1 CR, 964 CAM'd, Carerra 3.2 Manifold Cut/Flipped, Tec3r, Siemans 55#, GSF Fuel Rails, Clewett Crank Trigger, Clewett Cam Trigger,Dual Plugged, ARP Head Studs/Rod Bolts, Clewett Wires.Tial 46mm WG, Tial 50mm BOV, WEVO Shifter,934 Boost Gauge, Wideband EGO Sensor/Gauge, C2T Head Gaskets, '88 MB 300TE,BMW R100RT
Old 01-17-2008, 06:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)