View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by les_garten View Post
Zook,

What's your budget for this operation??

What shape is your engine in presently??

What mods have been done to get rid of the 2.7 Gremlins??

Les
Hey,
Not quite sure how much loot i'm willing to put into but i'm not in any hurry to get it done so it doesn't much matter. It also depends on how much i spend freshening up my race bikes this winter. Probobly just going to accumulate used parts off ebay/forums untill i have everything i need. I do have a pretty well equiped machine shop(not a business, just a hobby), so i can make anything that i can't find. I do so many motorcycle projects, my porsche get's neglected sometimes. I read Maximum boost (if you haven't, i strongly recomend it) a few years ago and just haven't gotten around to turboing something yet. I know this isn't the easiest way, but it just sounded like a fun project to me.

The motor is getting a little tiered. It is going to get a top end this spring. not sure how far I'll go with it. Might just do a quick freshen, or might go the full monty.

Since it's a '74, it has the 11 blade fan and no thermal reactors(early exhaust). It's a completely different animal the the 75+ 2.7s.

It has carrera chain tentioners and dilivar studs.

It also has stand alone EFI. I think i'll make an intake for it while i'm doing the top end and get rid of the terrible cis runners.

Not looking to get a zillion horsepower(i have no self controll on the highway), with 210hp, and the short gearing it would have more punch than an early 930 anyway. Just looking for a fun project.

Any real help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
pat
'74 911 options delete no sunroof. lowered, swaybars, tie bar, braided brake lines, corner balanced, "s" gauges, 993tt seats, Momo wheel and knob, 993 mirrors, blacked out window trim, H4's, short gearing, S pistons, stand alone EFI, other stuff.

Last edited by zook; 01-18-2008 at 06:24 AM..
Old 01-18-2008, 05:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)