View Single Post

Send a message via Yahoo to full quack
Ok I know I'm going to get hate mail for this, but oh well it is only my opinion, so nothing personal to all you out there that like Fuchs.

To not mince words, I think the fuchs are fuch'n ugly, way to dated, and look real heavy on the car, too thick of a bead & too thick of a rim section(yes ,yes I know they are actually very light). They simply make the car look like a 70's HOT WHEELS toy. I also agree that the newer turbo twist or any other newer factory style looks "OH SO"wrong on the car.

So to achieve the right 3pcs. deep dish look, thinner sexy lines and top end performance.... yet NOT the umpa-thumpa-hip hop-gangsta-spinner-flame-starwars-22"-24" end result......

Yes ,you are going to have to spend the $700-$1200 per wheel price tag. $800-ish, will get you perfect Fikse's, $900-ish for Lidsey's, and so on and so on.

These cars are not real cheap to buy, there not real cheap to maintain....what makes you think they are going to be cheap to personalize?

I'm looking at Fikse 5S's, 17" x 8" fronts & 17" x 11" rears. They are classic 5 spoke with machined out centers in each spoke, simple, clean, elegant. And you can actually get choices in performance tires for 17" rims, unlike the VERY limited selections for Fuchs.

Ok enough of my petty ranting, and remember this is only my opinion...and that ain't worth much!!

Mark
Old 01-19-2008, 07:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)