View Single Post

Head gasket question 924

The original objective was to install a new Bursch exhaust header but one thing led to another and the head had to come off. While the head was off we had it overhauled and replaced three exh valves. We are also in the process of fitting a throttle body from an Audi. I'm hoping we can get a little better performance from the puppy.... Actually I,m just hoping to get the car back together and out of the garage so the boat can go back in....
Anyway, the Haynes manual says that the head gasket should be coated with a little gasket sealer (not on the metal parts of the gasket) prior to assembly. I have always installed head gaskets dry and question whether I should do as the manual specifies. Does anyone have any opinions?

Also, another question- Are the axle shafts interchangeable between the automatic tranny 924 and the manual transmission. I have a parts car with auto transmission and would like to use one of the shafts on the real 924. Porsche gives them separate part numbers but they look identical. The one difference could be the length but as best I can tell the lengths are all the same. Anybody help with this one.

Thanks guys,

Jon Aborn
Old 01-19-2002, 02:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)