Thread: New type of BOV
View Single Post
BoxxerSix BoxxerSix is offline
Registered User
 
BoxxerSix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ballston Spa, NY
Posts: 528
Guys I can first hand tell you that the Synapse Engineering valve is NOT a piece of crap and is actually a well engineering and built piece. This blow off valve is capable of much more finess and tuning that any other valve on the market, and has the ability to actually tune a car in a much different manner than your typical diverter valves.

I've been working with one this past week actually trying to tune out a sensitivity issue here on a track dedicated Evo with DV-initiated bucking during throttle modulation at high rpms and I can tell you there's about 20 different ways to plumb it in to make it react in all sorts of applications.

I'm actually using this valve right now as a wastegate AND a diverter valve simultaneously, that's right a wastegate and blow of valve at once,...............controlling the boost pressure(25psi) by bleeding off boost pressure at the charge pipe rather than using wastegate control. The turbocharger wastegate is set at ~29psi...which allows the turbocharger to operate at it's max efficiency while the SE diverter valve regulates the boost pressure at 24psi to the motor for the proper tuning. Show me another DV that can do this..........

I will say it is quite large in overall size and will be rather difficult to retrofit into a 930/965 in the stock location without some major modifications. It can be set up as an atmospheric dump or recirculatory style valve, and they have retrofit flanges available to bolt the valve up to just about any existing DV flange style, including the TIAL flange.

This valve reacts faster than any other DV I've ever used and is top notch in quality even compared to the Tial units. and being a pull type, lap valve style DV, it can't leak with boost pressure. Boost pressure only forces it closed to seal tighter, unlike 99% of the other valve out there(HKS SSQV the 1%).
__________________
Adam Hennessy
Old 01-25-2008, 07:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)