View Single Post
Macht Schnell

Quote:
Originally Posted by afterburn 549 View Post
I have seen other threads start out with every one say it can not be done ( turbo 2.7 ) and all worked out,everone learned.
Yea the mag case is not the best....but they turbo VWs dont they ??
People do tons of things to VW's. Thats because you can pick up the Motor and build it on the dining room table and the parts are cheap. It also requires relatively little expertise to build one.

Price a VW Gasket set, Price a Porsche Gasket set

Price a VW Oil Pump, Price a Porsche Oil Pump

Price a VW ROD, Piston, Cylinder, Head, etc, Do the same for Porsche.

People build VW's knowing they are cheap to replace if you blow them up, if Porsche Parts are Cheap to you, then I suppose it's the same thing.

The original poster said his motor was tired. I think taking a Tired 2.7 and "blowing" is Fiscally Capricious!!

Just my .02

I'm not saying it can't be done, but the prep work would be astronomical in relation to the return. If your Goal is to F*ck up your Tired Ass motor, bolt a Turbo on it and go WEEE!!!!

Then Buy a 930 or 3.2 and do it properly. I'm sure you'll LEARN a lot along the way. My opinion, a Coke Habit or a Boat would be cheaper!

Les
---Les Garten---85 930, Andial IC, GHL Headers, Fabspeed Dual, K-27 HF2, 3.4 JE Full Finned 7.5:1 CR, 964 CAM'd, Carerra 3.2 Manifold Cut/Flipped, Tec3r, Siemans 55#, GSF Fuel Rails, Clewett Crank Trigger, Clewett Cam Trigger,Dual Plugged, ARP Head Studs/Rod Bolts, Clewett Wires.Tial 46mm WG, Tial 50mm BOV, WEVO Shifter,934 Boost Gauge, Wideband EGO Sensor/Gauge, C2T Head Gaskets, '88 MB 300TE,BMW R100RT
Old 01-28-2008, 01:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #45 (permalink)